Apa kabar, wannabes? Semoga kalian baik-baik saja ya.
Kali ini ada dua email yang masuk ke inbox Forum Pramugari dan keduanya berisi pertanyaan tentang Garuda Indonesia. Buat kalian yang berencana ikutan seleksi pramugari GA, ada baiknya membaca artikel ini. Mungkin kalian punya pertanyaan yang sama dengan mereka.
*** Email #1 ***
Dear forum pramugari…
I’m really happy when i found and read your blog… after read your blog, i just knew that i missed a lot of opportunities to be a stewardess.
if only i knew the blog since long time ago… Anyway.. really grateful for them who already work hard to do the blog..
i would like to know if there any information about Garuda Indonesia recruitment in June. Is there anyone in your blog who ever attended the interview before..
thank you so much for your time and I’m looking forward to your reply.
*** Email #2 ***
Dear forum pramugari..
Terimakasih untuk web nya yg sangat membantu :)
Bolehkah saya bertanya? Begini dfp, saya mengikuti seleksi pramugari GI pada bulan mei, saya lolos sampai tahap 2 tapi karena berbentrokan dengan seleksi nasional masuk perguruan tinggi negeri saya terpaksa melepaskan dan tidak melanjutkan seleksinya.
Skrg saya berniat untuk mengikuti seleksi bulan juni di jakarta, ada berapa tahap yg harus dilalui sampai dengan dinyatakan diterima? Dan tahap seleksi menghabiskan waktu berapa lama dfp?
Forum Pramugari menjawab
Dear Rikka and Mona,
Since the first mail is written in English, then I’m going to answer you in English, too hehehehe ^^
Thank you for visiting this blog and I am glad that you find it helpful. Talking about the blog, I don’t think you’re too late finding this because Forum Pramugari is quite a new blog. I created this blog in 9 March 2011 so no wonder if you just found it out.
Anyway, Garuda Indonesia seems to conduct stewardess recruitment regularly every month in Jakarta. I have personally tried my luck in the walk in interview process in March 2011 and posted my experience in a photo report in this blog. You may click this link to read more about it.
I failed in the walking test so I have no idea about what to do after a candidate passes that stage. However, I found a blog which tells you more about the whole process of recruitment. According to the blog, Garuda Indonesia sets the recruitment in several stages:
1. Appearance Assessment
– Your entire appearance will be assessed by the recruiters, starting from your height and weight. If you are fit with their criteria, then you will proceed to the walking test. There, there will be two recruiters waiting for you in a booth and asking you to walk in a line marked.
2. English Test
– Your English proficiency will be assessed after you successfully passed the appearance test.
3. Psycho Test
– You will be given two hours to do basic psycho test. This is why you need to bring 2B pencils and pens with you.
4. Interview with the Board of Directors
– Several people from the BOD will interview you. The interview will be conducted fully in English.
5. Medical Check Up
– Like any other airlines’ recruitment procedures, they will check up your health and see whether you are in a perfect condition to work as a stewardess.
For a more complete explanation about how Garuda Indonesia sets the whole process of cabin crew selection, you can read further in Jenk Sri’s Blog by simply clicking this link. She wrote her experience in casual Bahasa Indonesia and I am sure that you will find it helpful.
Thank you for visiting Forum Pramugari and hope both of you will make it to Garuda Indonesia :)